Is There Research Showing Stem Cell Therapy Actually Works?
Stem cell therapy has recently garnished attention in the media because of the success it is having both nationally and internationally–in and out of the lab–but stem cells have been used by surgeons and doctors for more than 20 years. Plastic surgeons and ophthalmologists have used them for different procedures with success. As a matter of fact, more than 100,000 injections have been performed in the US without a single reported adverse side effect.
Stem Cells Offer Curative Treatment Potential
Stem cells can change into any type of tissue found in joints including cartilage, ligament, tendon, bone or muscle. (The only tissue they can’t become is nerve tissue.) These capabilities make stem cell therapy a curative treatment option–once your joint is healed it’s healed. The oldest research to date shows that 100 percent of stem cell therapy recipients were still pain free four years later.
Well-Researched Safe and Effective
Amniotic membrane allograft tissue has been an accepted method of treatment since the early 1900s. The healthcare community has benefited from the tissue regeneration outcomes in specialties such as surgery, orthopedics, pain management, burn care, eye, as well as dental. More recently, Podiatric Physicians have been effectively applying these allografts to patients with diabetic foot ulcers. These treatments are yielding paradigm-shifting outcomes for their patients.
Amniotic membrane tissue injections have been growing in popularity over the past few decades Research and development have increased opportunities and discovered a variety of ground-breaking applications.
Explore the research and articles below involving the use of amniotic allograft tissue and how it plays an impactful role in the future of regenerative medicine.
- Comparison of Cryopreserved Amniotic Membrane and Umbilical Cord Tissue with Dehydrated Amniotic Membrane/chorion Tissue
Growth Factors and Components:
- Amniotic Fluid and Placental Stem Cells
- Growth Factor mRNA and Protein in Preserved Human Amniotic Membrane
- Applications of Amniotic Membrane and Fluid in Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine
- Collagen Types in Normal and Prematurely Ruptured Amniotic Membranes
- Soluble Factors of Amnion-derived Cells in Treatment of Inflammatory and Fibrotic Pathologies
- Human Amnion-derived Stem Cells Have Immunosuppressive Properties on NK Cells and Monocytes
- Antibacterial Properties of Human Amnion and Chorion in Vitro
- Amniotic Fluid: Not Just Fetal Urine Anymore
Immune Evasive and Immune Privileged Properties:
- Amniotic Membrane-derived Stem Cells: Immunomodulatory Properties and Potential Clinical Application
- Immunogenicity of Human Amniotic Epithelial Cells After Transplantation into Volunteers
- Amnion-derived Multipotent Progenitor Cells Support Allograft Tolerance Induction
- Comparison of Angiogenic, Cytoprotective, and Immunosuppressive Properties of Human Amnion and Chorion-derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells
Pain Management and Anti-inflammatory Properties:
- Suppression of inflammatory and fibrotic responses in allergic inflammation by the amniotic membrane stromal matrix
- Amniotic Membrane and Amniotic Cells: Potential Therapeutic Tools to Combat Tissue Inflammation and Fibrosis
- Identification of Antiangiogenic and Anti-inflammatory Proteins in Human Amniotic Membrane
Joints and Cartilage:
National Institute of Health Supports the Research and Use of Stem Cells
According to the National Institute of Health, “Stem cells, directed to differentiate into specific cell types, offer the possibility of a renewable source of replacement cells and tissues to treat diseases including macular degeneration, spinal cord injury, stroke, burns, heart disease, diabetes, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis.” The excitement around amniotic stem cells is their potential for treating common diseases like diabetes and heart disease because of their regenerative abilities.
How Does Stem Cell Therapy Work?
Stem cell therapy leverages your body’s ability to repair and heal itself. With stem cell therapy, your doctor injects stem cells into your body. (Not unlike receiving a cortisone or steroid shots). Stem cell injections have anti-inflammatory properties, and offering you even more benefits than your standard injection therapies. Cortisone and other drugs can provide you with temporary pain relief, but stem cells actually restore your degenerated tissue WHILE providing pain relief. Following an injection, stem cells remain in the injured area for up to 24 months, constantly dividing and building new tissue. Stem cell injections contain hyaluronic acid, which lubricates joints and tendons, relieving your pain and restoring your mobility.
Stem Cell Therapy – Still Evolving
Stem cell therapy and research is still growing and evolving as scientists learn more and more about cells, regeneration and how to use cells for cell-based therapies to treat disease. Scientists use stem cells in the laboratory to screen new drugs and to create model systems to evaluate normal growth and discover the causes of birth defects. As technology and science continue to progress together, it is exciting to imagine where stem cells will take us in the coming years. The National Institute of Health stated that amniotic stem cells are promising candidates for tissue engineering and stem cell therapy of several human disorders since they can be drawn from the amniotic fluid and are safer to use in therapy. The best way you can learn more about the research and findings of amniotic stem cell therapy is to schedule a free consultation with a medical provider near you. Learn about the amazing potential of stem cells and if you are a candidate for stem cell therapy.
Are You a Candidate?
Keep Your Active Lifestyle, or get it back with Regenerative Stem Cell Therapy
If chronic knee, back, hip, shoulder pain, osteoarthritis, arthritis or other joint pain is limiting your daily routine or preventing you from activities you enjoy; stem cell therapy may be the answer you’ve been looking for!
Regenerative stem cell therapy offers exciting, long-term relief for people that are suffering from joint pain, arthritis, and neuropathy. The procedure takes less than 30 minutes with minimal pain and is extremely safe and effective. You can use the power of regenerative medicine to heal your body and return to the life and activities you love.